- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Like most website operators, TVSource Magazine collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. TVSource Magazine’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how TVSource Magazine’s visitors use its website. From time to time, TVSource Magazine may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
TVSource Magazine also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. TVSource Magazine does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
Any information you disclose voluntarily on our comments page or in any properties hosted by SoSource Media, LLC. becomes public information. TVSourceMagazine.com is a public forum. We cannot control the action of our site users and advise you to use your discretion in sharing information about yourself on the Internet. All information sharing is optional and done so at your own risk. Privacy is a very personal matter and we encourage you to be careful and responsible when disclosing personal information online.
TVSource Magazine Comment Policy
We never censor comments based on political or ideological point of view or of a critical nature. We reserve the right to delete those comments that are off-topic, “spammy” in nature, abusive, use excessive foul language, or include ad hominem attacks.
Once a comment is made public on a SoSource Media website, we will not remove it by request. As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting.
All comments and other content contributed to SoSource Media and TVSourceMagazine.com shall adhere to the following policy, and may be edited or removed at SoSource Media’s discretion if it is deemed to be in violation of this policy.
- Personal Attacks: Please don’t engage in personal attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), persistent trolling or mindless abuse. The TVSource Magazine community should focus on intelligently discussing topics by furthering the conversation and informing the participants with resourceful and constructive ideas.
- Hate speech: Racism, sexism and homophobia will not be tolerated.
- Language and Threats: Please watch your language and respect other people’s views, beliefs and emotions. We reserve the right to remove any content that might be found extremely offensive or threatening.
- No Spam: Spam and advertising content will be removed.
- Smear Tactics: Although we acknowledge criticism of our articles and our writers, we will not allow misrepresentation. We will distinguish between constructive arguments and smear tactics.
- Relevancy: Please keep conversations relevant. Off-topic comments are subject to removal in order to keep the thread on track.
- Quality: We encourage you to take responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you’re participating. Maintain intelligent discussions in the TVSource Magazine community by being respectful and considerate.
- Help us: Maintain an inviting interaction space by self-policing threads and flagging spam. Although we have a hands-on approach to community engagement, we do sometimes miss problem commenters or trolls. We appreciate your efforts to keep the TVSource Magazine community environment inviting, insightful and constructive. Let the conversations be quality ones.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to TVSource Magazine’s websites choose to interact with TVSource Magazine in ways that require TVSource Magazine to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that TVSource Magazine gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who register for an account on our site or message boards to provide a username and e-mail address. TVSource Magazine collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with TVSource Magazine. TVSource Magazine does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
TVSource Magazine may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, TVSource Magazine may monitor the most popular parts of the TVSource Magazine site, and message boards. TVSource Magazine may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, TVSource Magazine does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Effective: January 7, 2012