Homeland’s first season had a lot of twists and turns, from infidelity to bombs; from terrorist attacks to critical praise. On Sunday, the series won four Emmys, including Outstanding Drama Series. And the second season is coming to Showtime this Sunday, Sept. 30th at 10:00 p.m. EST.
A lot has happened since CIA agent Carrie received intel about a possible sleeper agent in the U.S. and since Brody (a POW) got back to his Homeland. As we get ready for a Season 2, here are the highlights of what happened:
- After getting caught in the explosion, Carrie’s carefully contained bipolar-induced-mania surfaces and she no longer seems to be in control of herself.
- The reason Brody decided to take action against the U.S. government, according to his tape that was never released, was because of the U.S. bombing in Iraq that killed 82 children.
- Carrie figured out about Brody’s attack on the vice president and went to Dana, his daughter, asking her to call her dad in hopes that would stop the attack. Brody’s wife arrived and Carrie got arrested, but her plan worked.
- He didn’t press charges, so Carrie walked, but decided to get treated for her bipolar through electroshock therapy. Before she was down completely from the anesthetic, she remembered that Brody has been calling for Issa, Nazir’s son, in his sleep the night they spent together.
- Brody managed to get away with everything, unsuspected, and went back to his wife, and candidacy.
Below is a short preview for season two, but if you haven’t seen the first one yet, there’s still time to catch up on this award-winning series before Sunday!