Good news, fellow Suits‘ fans! Our surprisingly short (not that we’re complaining) hiatus nightmare is over and our favorite Pearson Specter lawyers return to our screens next week for season four.
Of course not all of them are calling themselves lawyers any more. The season three finale ended with Mike deciding to bow out of the fake lawyer business and try his hand at being an investment banker. It seemed like a great solution to his ethical issues with the added bonus of going from Harvey’s right-hand man to his client.
So how exactly is this new dynamic going to work? After watching the season four premiere, “One-Two-Three Go,” we can tell you that it’s complicated. We’re sure that doesn’t come as a huge surprise because the beauty of this show has always been its layered relationships and character drama.
Things are definitely different now and the premiere sets up several story arcs that have great possibilities and left us anxious to see the next episodes. As usual, we can’t give too much away, but here are five things we can share about the premiere:
1. The opening scene gives us a montage of several different characters’ mornings and let’s just say that they all have the same idea of how to start the day. The show loves to push the limits with the amount of skin it shows off, but it also reminds us how well these actors wear their suits or pieces of them (two words: vest porn). And then there are the excuses for why said characters are late for work…
2. We get to see Mike’s new office, which includes a feisty assistant of his own as well as a boss, who isn’t overly impressed with what Mike has done since he’s been at the firm. But Mike is determined to prove himself and comes up with a plan fairly quickly – and it involves Harvey.
3. Speaking of Harvey, he finds himself in an unexpected position thanks to two different clients (one being Mike). Donna is on hand to offer her flawless brand of advice. Look for some fun banter scenes between these two and even though Harvey should know to always listen to Donna…he might not make the right choice.
4. Louis and his faithful partner in crime Katrina have a new plan to impress Jessica when the firm faces a new crisis. As usual, Louis is dreaming big and he knows he’s the right man for the job, but his tactics leave something to be desired. But never count Louis Litt out of the game.
5. Rachel finds herself in an unfortunate position after a negotiation goes south. The future lawyer has a decision to make and things are definitely not cut and dry. At least one person will be surprised by her choice, but there’s even more to the story that could lead to some seriously awkward conversations.
Are you looking forward to the new season? What would you like to see happen? Hit the comments below and share your thoughts and theories with us!
Suits returns Wednesday, June 11 at 9/8c on USA Network.