On Tuesday, Stitchers first season will come to a close. We don’t know about anyone else, but to us, it seems like just yesterday we watched the pilot and fell in love with the crew secretly stitching into dead people’s minds to solve their murders from a hidden lab beneath a Chinese food restaurant.
Thanks to ABC Family, we received an advanced screener of “Full Stop.” As always, we’re not allowed to reveal too much about what unfolds over the hour, but we can say we loved every single minute of it. Be prepared to thank the network for confirming a second season because there’s no way to sugarcoat this: the finale is intense from start to the major cliffhangers (yes, plural) ending.
Now that we have your attention, let’s talk about what we can say about the episode. First, you may be wondering why network released such spoiler-y pictures (Cameron is unconscious on the floor! Kirsten is terrified! Fisher is bleeding!). This scene unfolds within the first five minutes of the episode and sets off a search for the culprit.
But that’s only part of the story. Keep reading for five more mini-spoilers:
1. Kirsten and Cameron learn more about the origin of the Stitchers program. Will they discover the true intentions behind it that Turner and Maggie have been hiding?
2. Cameron teaches Camille to run a stitch and we also get to see a third person piloting a stitch.
3. Flashbacks fill in more of Kirsten’s past, but she’s not the only one who gets flashbacks in the episode.
4. Remember the episode when Kirsten and Cameron were almost killed on the Santa Monica Pier? There’s more to that story.
5. Cameron has proven time and time again that he will do anything to keep Kirsten safe, but it’s worth paying attention to who does and does not agree to his latest plan.
Stitchers will air its first season finale on Tuesday, Aug. 4 at 9/8c on ABC Family.