Happy New Year and welcome to the first Gays of our Lives column of 2017. This week…
- On Days of Our Lives, Paul and Sonny share a New Year’s kiss. Was it worth the wait?
- Finn’s New Year is not celebratory on Emmerdale after Kasim calls time on their relationship mere minutes before the ball drops. Oops!
- Rhys wants David to make a choice between him and David’s girlfriend on Rownd a Rownd. But is David ready to come out of the closet?
- On People of the Valley, Iolo and Tyler plan a special day together. Their friends and family don’t make it easy though!
- Robbie gets a text from his hot, but abusive ex-husband Will that causes problems for he and his new love Gary on River City.
- Plus, spoilers and teasers on Coronation Street, Holby City, Hollyoaks and the season premiere of Shadowhunters.
All this — and more!
PICKS AND PANS
Deeper and deeper. Seb’s lies are getting out of control. I wonder if he actually believes the story he’s telling. At any rate, I don’t think can end well for Seb. He’s a rather despicable character. He’ll probably kill a patient with his incompetence, what really happened will come out and that’ll be his exit out of the show.
It’s too bad they are writing him with such a short shelf life. This show could use a gay character that lasts more than a few weeks. Then again, Dom on this show’s sister series Holby City did some rather awful things and he was redeemed over time. Maybe they can do the same with Seb.
I find it strange though that folks are quick to believe that Dylan came onto Seb. As far as most of the staff knows, Dylan is straight. He was married for a time. And they’ve known him a lot longer than Seb. I guess the story can only work if folks start taking sides, but most of the staff turning against Dylan seems a bit of a stretch to me.
I figured that Billy would go back to the Church. And I’m glad that Todd is supporting him. I don’t understand why Billy wouldn’t be able to marry and live with his spouse though. Gay marriage is legal in the UK, right? Just because some parishioners won’t like it is no reason for them not to to do it. I bet down the line they decide to marry anyway no matter what anyone says.
I hope this woman gets out of Billy and Todd’s orbit quickly. I hate it when soaps have women causing trouble for gay men. That is so 2009. This is something I decidedly do not want to see.
CLICK THE NEXT PAGE FOR MORE PICKS/PANS ON DAYS, EMMERDALE & MORE