In this week’s Gays of Our Lives, we have got a lot to cover…
- There’s a big gay wedding on Emmerdale when Robert and Aaron say ‘I do’. But will the cops ruin the ceremony?
- The Halcyon had its season finale and Toby is being pressured to deliver by his blackmailer or have his sexuality exposed. But when his mother finds out what his going on, who will she be angrier at? Her fiance for what he’s doing — or her gay son?
- On Days of Our Lives, Sonny has been kidnapped and it’s Paul and JJ to the rescue. Will this be what Sonny and Paul need to finally kick start their relationship?
- Shadowhunters really ticked me off last week and you can imagine why. I’ve got plenty of thoughts about last week’s disaster of an ep.
- It’s been a few weeks since I posted about Riverdale. What am I thinking about the show now, especially in regards to Kevin?
- Justin and Jeffery heat up on The Haves and the Have Nots as the two of the admit their relationship is more than just sex. And Jeffery learns that Justin doesn’t like to share.
- Plus, there are huge storyline developments on Rownd a Rownd, Hollyoaks and Neighbours.
- All this and much, much more!
PICKS AND PANS
Poor Toby. First loves usually don’t work out, but you generally don’t find out they are betraying their country (and you) by giving out state secrets. I don’t see how Toby and Adil come back from this. I don’t think Toby will ever forgive him. With the show’s final episode this week (and no word on a renewal), it’ll be curious to see how this all wraps up. I’m still hoping we don’t end up with any dead gays. But I have a feeling this will all end very badly.
I am enjoying the storyline though. Very suspenseful. And the background music to the scenes add so much. I found it hard to believe that Toby would have been released though. I would think that the government wouldn’t give up so easily on a suspected spy in a time of war.
I don’t know why Emma is having so much trouble choosing between Freddie and Joe. Joe wins. It’s not even close.
I’ll really be shocked if Todd and Adam don’t start sleeping together. The story seems to be heading there. Kate Oates wrote a similar story when she paired Aaron and Robert on Emmerdale and look how popular that was/is. Todd’s insinuation that Adam came onto him and Adam insisting Todd isn’t his type is like a plot anvil in my mind. And like I said before Todd needs a story and he and Billy need some drama. Todd getting involved with Adam would certainly do that.
Just once I want to see the gay guy win a fight on a soap opera. The gays are always the victim and I’m sick of it. Let the gay dude kick some butt just once. Or Paul and Sonny could have at least put up a fight rather than being pushovers. I bet those scenes would have played differently if Brady or John or Rafe had been the one being attacked. At least let Paul rescue his man. A love interest rescuing his partner is Soap Drama 101.
What I did like was Sonny playing the tough guy when talking to Justin. Freddie Smith sold those scenes. We rarely see Sonny showing some grit, some personality and I like it. More of that please.
I loved seeing Judi Evans taking over and dominating that scene with Demois. She’s a terrific actress and can sell anything. It would have been nice if Paul had of been more forceful since his boyfriend has been kidnapped, but we can’t have that, can we? The straight guys would have threatened Demois and tossed him around the room, not left it up to Sonny’s mama to beat her fists on his chest. Sigh.
Shirley telling Johnny to blow off his studies to put in a shift at the bar is not only selfish, Mick would hate it. Mick is right in that is where Johnny’s focus should be. It’s Mick’s pub, let him worry about how to run it.
So I’m guessing Jay and Michelle are headed for a hook up? We know she likes her men young.
I’m glad Ben and Jay got their new place. Hopefully this means a story for Ben soon.
The final scenes with Lee were well written and acted. However, Lee needs mental help and therapy, not moving to a new city. No matter where he goes, his problems will follow him because it’s in his head, not his surroundings.
Johnny still doesn’t have a story.
CLICK THE NEXT PAGE FOR CLIPS AND REVIEWS OF HOLLYOAKS, EMMERDALE AND RIVER CITY!