Last week, Emma, Hook, Snow, Charming, Rumple and Regina journeyed to Neverland on Once Upon a Time to try and rescue Henry. Unfortunately, he’s already fallen right into Peter Pan’s trap, leaving the group facing an uphill battle.
We’ve already seen the next episode, “Lost Girl,” and we can tell viewers that it’s another fantastic episode. While the season premiere focused on enemies banding together for a common cause, this installment takes several characters on personal, inner quests and reveals a lot of buried emotions.
But there’s no need to worry that the entire hour will have fans reaching for the tissues. The episode is sprinkled with lighter moments and Regina remains as sassy as ever while she makes it clear to everyone that she feels they are constantly wasting time. Even though Emma declared herself leader last week, don’t expect everyone else to just fall in line.
Check out our 10 spoiler-y teasers and then hit the comments and share why you’re looking forward to the episode.
1. Rumple takes an interesting step to ensure his survival on the island. As for that doll the Lost Boy gave him last week, we get the answer as to why it’s important to him (bring the tissues for this one).
2. Belle makes an appearance in Neverland, but what brought her there and how it affects Rumple is the real story. Look for more insight into Rumple’s motives.
3. Prepare for another Disney reference; this time it’s Emma and Hook discussing storybook alter egos and this is one of those scenes that we predict will be made into gifs quite quickly and we can’t wait.
4. Speaking of Emma and Hook, there is a moment (or several moments) that will definitely have shippers smiling. (And before the Neal/Emma shippers cry foul, we’re sorry, but there’s nothing to report on that front in this episode. Don’t blame the messenger!).
5. While we’re on the subject of shippers, ‘Snowing’ fans are going to love seeing their couple in action; both in the present as parents and in the flashback where Charming has to help Snow get her confidence back after an ugly showdown with Regina.
6. Also in the flashback, Charming faces an uphill battle winning over some very protective people.
7. Things aren’t so great for Snow in the present. She desperately wants to be a mother to Emma, but we know from the premiere that Emma is nowhere near ready for that. Don’t expect that to stop Snow from trying her best anyway and that leads to a very bittersweet conversation that had us in tears.
8. Peter Pan likes to play games and he’s got a special one for Emma: he gives her a way to find Henry, but first, she has to do something to prove herself worthy. It seems like a simple task, but nothing is as it seems in Neverland.
9. The group gets into a battle with Pan and the Lost Boys and one person hesitates to do what needs to be done.
10. One of the would-be rescuers ends up with what could be a deadly injury.
Once Upon a Time airs Sunday, Oct. 6 at 8/7c on ABC.