Last week on Reign, Mary and Francis seemed to cement their bond after he protected her from Tomas and she renegotiated the terms of their engagement with the king. But anyone who thought things would be smooth sailing from here on out probably isn’t familiar with how TV works.
“A Chill in the Air” will shakeup a lot of dynamics in the castle and it is our absolute favorite episode to date. Written by the talented Jennie Snyder Urman (pauses to cry over Emily Owens, M.D. – never forget the perfect show that was gone too soon), the episode is filled with twists and turns and revelations and we loved every single one of them.
Obviously we don’t want to spoil too much because twists and turns are meant to be played out on screen, but we can share a little about the episode. As many know, it brings Olivia (Yael Grobglas) to the castle after an ugly incident in the woods. Olivia and Francis have a complicated past, but Mary is secure enough to welcome Olivia back, even when others are less than thrilled to see her.
But how long will that graciousness last? The video preview released by The CW shows Olivia telling Francis she wants to stay as his wife, not as his mistress? Is that even possible?
You’re going to have to watch the episode to find out, but here are five more teasers from the fantastic episode:
1. This is the episode Mary and Bash fans have been waiting for. We don’t want to say too much, but if you enjoyed what Bash says to Mary in the preview, you’re definitely going to be swooning once you see the entire scene.
2. Don’t fret Francis and Mary fans; the episode is not all gloom and doom for your ship. Francis and Mary have some great moments, including an adorable, flirty scene where they play a game of ‘what if’.
3. Aylee has a surprising bad habit and once Queen Catherine discovers it, she blackmails her into doing her bidding. But Aylee/Mary is not the only friendship the queen sets out to ruin in this episode.
4. This is also a big episode for Greer and Leith. He’s determined to win her heart and she’s determined to mind her place and think of her future, which does not include marrying a kitchen boy.
5. Bash has done something to anger the heretics in the woods and he gets more than one ominous warning in the episode. If you’ve been wondering what on earth is happening out there, this episode does begin to unravel some of the mythology (and it’s so good).
Reign airs Thursday, Nov. 14 at 9/8c on The CW.