When Arrow returns from its midseason hiatus next week, the action in Starling City picks up five weeks after the events of the last episode. As Arrow scours the city for the identity of the man in the skull mask, Oliver has no idea that the man he’s supporting as a mayoral candidate is the person in question.
But Sebastian Blood does not have everyone fooled. As “Blast Radius” gets underway, Laurel has been spending time with the councilman and realizes that something is not adding up when it comes to his past. Unfortunately, she faces an uphill battle in convincing others that he might not be the savior they think he is.
The hunt for the man in the mask takes a backseat for Arrow when a new villain shows up and begins setting off bombs in the city. Based on DC Comics’ Shrapnel, the bomber complicates things for everyone as Team Arrow scrambles to figure out who this man is and why he’s determined to turn Starling City into a war zone.
Since The CW sent us a screener as an early Christmas present, we can share some teasers with fans anxiously awaiting the new episode. As always, there are only so many details we’re allowed to divulge because we don’t want to ruin all the surprises the episodes has in store.
Check out the following seven teasers as well as the ones we gave away in the photo preview and then hit the comments and share your thoughts and theories with us. Are you looking forward to the episode?
1. We find out early in the episode what happened to Barry after he was knocked unconscious. While he doesn’t actually appear in the episode, his presence is felt in more than one scene.
2. A somber moment on the island leads to one person wanting to make an important confession.
3. Laurel’s pill problem is revisited and another character drops a clue as to how far it has progressed.
4. A minor injury at an inopportune moment leads to suspicion.
5. More of Sebastian’s past is revealed and Oliver is not the only one singing his praises. Another character is ready to board Team Sebastian.
6. Tension seeps into the Arrow Cave when Felicity makes a mistake. But is the error the real problem?
7. In an action packed episode, at least two main characters, one man, one woman, find themselves in need of rescue…but not in the same scene.
Arrow returns Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 8/7c on The CW.