ABC’s General Hospital continued its promise of an ‘A-MAY-ZING” May Sweeps with two live episodes on Friday, May 15 and Monday, May 18. What all went down in the episode? We’ve got behind the scenes photos and episodic stills from today’s episode!
The call for General Hospital to do live episodes came from ABC Entertainment chief Paul Lee, executive producer Frank Valentini told Zap2It in an interview published today. “I thought it was a cool idea, and I was up for the challenge. Paul is always thinking of what’s next, so it’s kind of fun to be in that kind of environment, where someone who has such an incredible amount of responsibility still has enough time to pay attention to us. It says a lot about how committed ABC is to the show and to its fans.”
While the East Coast airings at 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm were live (the actors performed back to back), the West Coast’s episode was tape-delayed.
If you missed what happened in today’s episode, here’s a quick rundown:
- Hayden (Rebecca Budig) clashed with Elizabeth (Rebecca Herbst) and Nikolas (Tyler Christopher) over what they’re doing to Jake/Jason (Billy Miller). After overplaying her hand one time too many, Nikolas challenged Hayden to expose the truth to Jason and reveal his true identity. The thought of that happening didn’t sit well with Elizabeth, who feared Hayden will ruin the second chance she has at a happy life with Jason.
- Anna (Finola Hughes) visited Sabrina (Teresa Castillo) and asked her to tell her what happened with Carlos (Jeffrey Vincent Parise) the night Duke was murdered. Anna makes an emotional appeal to Sabrina to reach out to Carlos so she can bring him in for his crimes.
ToddFranco (Roger Howarth) visits an anxious Nina (Michelle Stafford) at the MetroCourt and tries to make amends. Franco can’t help but continually put his foot in his mouth and undoes whatever progress he made with Nina when he (understandably so) believes she may have fallen back into the pool of cray. Nina claims she’s getting married (and has the dress to prove it). Who was the groom who showed up at her door?
- Sloane (Grayson McCouch) and Jordan (Vinessa Antoine) discuss the recent mob tensions and the danger coming as the Corinthos and Jerome organizations prepare for possible war. Sloane reveals to Jordan that Jake is his confidential informant.
- Julian (William deVry) taunts Sonny (Maurice Benard) and Shawn (Sean Blakemore) about Duke’s death before revealing it was Jake who murdered Duke. Meanwhile, Jake is confronted by Sam (Kelly Monaco) who feels betrayed by Jake’s actions.
- Julian shares a goodbye with Carlos on the docks and reveals his plan to implicate Jake with Sonny is actually a set up, arranging for the Port Charles Police Department to catch Sonny and Shawn retaliating for Duke’s death.
- Sloane gets word of a Carlos sighting on the docks and takes off to bring him in…unfortunately for Sloane, Anna gets to Carlos first. Carlos and Anna face off over the death of Duke. After realizing that Carlos could indeed be let off the hook for killing the man that she loved, Anna took justice into her own hands and shot Carlos!
- Jake tries to convince Sam that he was the one who killed Duke. When she angrily attacks him for his actions, he reaches his breaking point and declares he didn’t do it. Sam warns Jake that Sonny will retaliate and he’s risking his life for nothing. Jake doesn’t understand why Sam would care if anything bad happened to him. Their conversation is interrupted when Hayden arrives ready to drop a bombshell that will greatly affect them both!
- A special post-episode credits scene aired featuring former GH star Lilly Melgar (ex-Lily).
For a sneak peek of what happens next week on General Hospital, check out our GH Preview for the week of May 18.
We’ve put together 20+ photos of the on-screen and behind the scenes happenings in today’s episode.
All photo credits ©2015, American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.