What happens with the stars of CBS Daytime get together for some racy, innuendo riddled fun? They turn it into a web series of course! CBS Daytime announced today the launch of NOT SAFE FOR DAYTIME, an edgy new series of digital videos on its YouTube channel that highlights and promotes CBS Daytime’s popular programs.
The webisodes will include inventive original skits, pop culture parodies and viral video spoofs, and feature stars from CBS Daytime’s #1 lineup, The Young and the Restless, The Bold and the Beautiful, The Talk, Let’s Make a Deal and The Price is Right.
“CBS Daytime has one of the most passionate and loyal audiences in television, reaching 28 million viewers each week,” said Angelica McDaniel, Executive Vice President, Daytime Programs and Syndicated Program Development, CBS Entertainment and CBS Television Distribution. “We wanted to thank them by creating even more content, going behind the scenes of our series and showing a side of our talent that is, well, not safe for daytime TV! This is an irreverent, fun, ‘fresh’ way to bring CBS Daytime to our viewers everywhere at any time.”
New NOT SAFE FOR DAYTIME videos will be posted over the coming weeks to the CBS Daytime YouTube Channel. Following are examples of some of the videos:
- Bold and Delicious: Actor Pierson Fodé of THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL spoofs sexy fast food burger commercials.
- Draw My Life with Sharon Osbourne: Inspired by the YouTube viral videos for “Draw My Life,” THE TALK host tells her entertaining life story while humorous drawings illustrate her narrative.
- Whisper Challenge with Steve Burton & Joshua Morrow: Inspired by popular video challenges featured on YouTube, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS actors whisper fun phrases to one another while wearing noise cancelling headphones.
- Priceline with Sheryl Underwood & George Gray: THE TALK host tries to cut in line at THE PRICE IS RIGHT, but find out what happens when Underwood runs into the show’s announcer, George Gray.
- #LMAD: Behind the Deal: Announcer Jonathan Mangum of LET’S MAKE A DEAL pitches game ideas to his favorite Zonk characters, The Donkey, Gorilla and Turtle, that could put them out of work.
Check out a sneak peek of what’s to come.