The TV Source podcast gets fiery for this week’s new Week in Soaps episode for the week of April 9, 2018. The Young and the Restless channels its inner Big Little Lies with its Friday cliffhanger; will General Hospital finally move on from Franco’s past; Taylor returns to The Bold and the Beautiful but for how long; Days of our Lives’ draws hot debate over consent with Abigail’s alternate personality and Stefan. Chill out and dive into the newest TV Source podcast!
Episode Taped: April 15, 2018
Hosts: Johnathon, Coryon, Ashley and Ryan
- Performer of the week (00:30): The Young and the Restless’ Amelia Heinle (Victoria). Victoria’s confession that she’s been abused by JT broke our hearts and underscored just how alone she had been through the ordeal. Additionally, Victoria and Ashley’s conversation at Newman was a scene of the week for our panel.
- The Young and the Restless (06:50): Mal Young opened up to Soap Opera Digest in a podcast interview in which he explained and defended his story decisions. Did it change the way we see is storytelling? This kicked off a great discussion as we discussed the climax of the Victoria/JT storyline. We discuss conflicting feelings over the decision to kill off JT and if the plot will hurt the direction of the original story.
- General Hospital (22:25): Our panel has conflicting opinions on Franco’s abuse storyline. The idea of “redemption” through victimizing a character brings up a contentious debate between some of our hosts. Add to it the perceived tacky social media post that was later removed and this segment brings some tension. Also: Everyone is closing in on Henrik’s true identity, and with Robert Scorpio and Emma Scorpio Drake on the mission, are we closer than ever to this portion of the story wrapping up?
- The Bold and the Beautiful (44:30): Well, well, well, it looks like Coryon was right! The return of Taylor Hayes had the soap world shook when she was revealed to be Bill’s shooter. Where does the story go from here? Also Why did B&B win a GLAAD award when they devote no story time to LGBT characters or issues?
- Days of our Lives (01:03:45): Marlena returns to the secret room when Stefan and Gabigail kidnap her. The controversy of the DID storyline leads to a fiery segment with two of our hosts, and the tension is thick. Should we expect better from our soaps, or do they get a pass because of past practice?
The newest TV Source Podcast episode is available for streaming. Share with us your thoughts on the week and reaction to the podcast in the comments below or on social media using #TVSPodcast. Current and past episodes of the TV Source Podcast are available on iTunes.