On Saturday, the cast of ABC’s hit fantasy drama Once Upon a Time took the stage at San Diego’s Comic Con International to discuss what’s the come for Season Three.
Executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis spoke on the decision to feature the realm of Neverland, something that has been in the works for a while. “The journey was really us waiting for the lawyers to figure it out,” said Kitsis during the panel.
At the conclusion of Season Two, the heroes (and some villains) were in pursuit of Neverland in order to find Henry (Jared Gilmore), who was kidnapped by Greg (Ethan Embry) and Tamara (Sonequa Martin-Green).
In addition to the returning favorites, fans will also see the debut of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and many more, including the Little Mermaid. Of course, it wouldn’t be Once Upon a Time without a twist. “Peter Pan has got a complication motivation,” previewed Horowitz. “It’s a little different than what you’ve seen before.”
Peter Pan won’t be the only one with a different take. Horowitz previewed that they plan on putting their own spin on Tinkerbell as well. “How we introduce her and who she is, is hopefully going to be surprising because we’re going to find she has a surprising connection to someone at this table.”
Other Season Three highlights from the panel:
- The show went back into production two weeks ago.
- The characters are still on the Jolly Roger as the season begins.
- Mary Margaret/Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) will have a difficult time fixing her black heart.
- Peter Pan’s Lost Boys will be searching for Henry as well.
- Contrary to the selfless act Regina/The Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla) intended to do during the season two finale, don’t expect a complete change of heart. The actress revealed that her favorite kill happens during the third season.
- The characters won’t only be restricted to Neverland, as other areas from fantasy lore may also be visited.
- The relationship between Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) will also be explored. How that affects Bae’s (Michael Raymond-James) declaration of love remains to be seen.
- Belle and the others in Storybrooke will also be affected by what’s happening in Neverland. The producers say there will be a surprising way the two realms are connected.
Check out the trailer below and then hit the comments and tell us what you’d like to see happen with the characters.
Once Upon a Time returns Sunday, Sept. 29 at 8/7c on ABC.
I love this show and can’t wait till Sept.=)
Comments are closed.