The 41st annual Daytime Emmy Awards were held last night at the Beverly Hills Hilton Hotel and streamed live online. The Young and the Restless took home top honors for Outstanding Drama Series, Writing Team and three acting wins!
CBS’ The Young and the Restless’ wins for Outstanding Drama Series and Outstanding Writing Team should come as no surprise, as the show’s executive producer, Jill Farren Phelps, is a master at choosing Emmy reels. Last night’s win makes her an eight time Emmy winner!
Billy Miller (ex-Billy, Y&R) took home the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor, his third Emmy overall. First time nominee Amelia Heinle (Victoria, Y&R) won the Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress. Hunter King (Summer, Y&R) took home the Emmy for Outstanding Younger Actress.
Eileen Davidson (Ashley, Y&R; ex-Kristen, DAYS), who will return to The Young and the Restless this fall, beat out Bold and the Beautiful star and Emmy favorite Heather Tom (Katie) to win the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress for her work on Days of our Lives in 2013. Eric Martsolf (Brady, DAYS) took home his first Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actor; and Chandler Massey (ex-Will, DAYS) became the first actor in Daytime history to win Outstanding Younger Actor three years in a row.
The Online Network’s One Life to Live won the Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series Directing Team.
Full Daytime Emmy Award Winners (Drama Categories)
- Outstanding Lead Actor: Billy Miller
- Outstanding Lead Actress: Eileen Davidson
- Outstanding Supporting Actor: Eric Martsolf
- Outstanding Supporting Actress: Amelia Heinle
- Outstanding Younger Actor: Chandler Massey
- Outstanding Younger Actress: Hunter King
- Outstanding Drama Series: The Young and the Restless
- Outstanding Drama Series – New Approach: Venice: The Series
- Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team: The Young and the Restless
- Outstanding Drama Series Directing Team: One Life to Live
- Outstanding Special Class Special: The Young and the Restless (Jeanne Cooper tribute)
Alison Sweeney & James Scott should have been nominated for lead actress & lead actor.
Comments are closed.