Good news, Once Upon A Time fans…the end of the four month hiatus is finally in sight. As much as we hate to say goodbye to summer, we’re more than ready to welcome the fall TV season with open arms. Thanks to an advanced screener provided by ABC, we’ve seen the premiere and we can share a few tidbits to help tide everyone over until Sunday.
Anyone who has been on the internet or near a TV or a magazine or a billboard knows that the first part of season four will feature the introduction of Frozen characters. “A Tale of Two Sisters” opens with a scene straight out of the movie…and then gives it a typical Once Upon a Time spin. Color us immediately intrigued by the new information…
One of the many (many) things we love about this show is the fact that season premieres always pick up exactly where the finales left off and season four continues that trend. We get to see Elsa walking out of the barn and glimpsing Storybrooke for the first time and the premiere also returns to Granny’s to expand on the fallout of Marian’s return…and it’s not pretty.
As always, we can’t reveal everything about the episode because we prefer to stay on ABC’s good side, but we do have a few teasers and tidbits we can share from the premiere:
- We all remember how Rumple tricked Belle with the fake dagger and started their marriage on a lie…he feels super guilty about that and wants to make amends. He makes a bold promise to someone…but can he keep it?
- Speaking of vows…Robin’s are on his mind. He’s a little (or a lot) shell shocked by the return of his no longer dead wife and that leads to a heart to heart chat. But is his decision truly final?
- Regina calls upon Sidney for the first time since season one and even though we are huge (HUGE) Regina fans, we have to admit we were side eyeing some of his reactions to his queen’s wishes…do they have Stockholm Syndrome in Storybrooke?
- Emma and Hook spend quality time chasing down a snow monster, but Hook takes several opportunities to remind Emma that she needs to remember to live her life in between crises. What’s holding her back?
- By our count, there are seven mysteries set up in the premiere. We’re not going to list them, but here are singular word hints: journal, past, house, Disney, issue, book and necklace (and if you’re anything like us, you’re going to pay a visit to Wiki at least once).
- Parallels are another thing we always love to find in this show. There’s a big one in this episode between what happens to Elsa, Anna and Kristoff and what happens to Regina, Emma and Hook (and look for nods to the movie scattered throughout Storybrooke!).
- Other great moments to watch for: an iconic dance complete with the perfect song, a kiss, a change of heart, a lot of running, a parallel to season three (the second half), possible second thoughts and at least two moments that made us want to curl into a ball and sob uncontrollably.
Bonus Dialogue Teasers:
“When have we ever been traditional?”
“Want to go home and see what’s on Netflix?”
“I can probably tell you if you’re wearing too much eye makeup.”
Once Upon a Time returns Sunday, Sept. 28 at 8/7c on ABC.