In this week’s Gays of Our Lives:
- We take a look at the new UK series The Halcyon. Set in London on the verge of World War II, this show features a wealthy family who owns a lavish hotel. And part of the family is secretly gay Toby, who is at odds with his brother – and himself.
- On Rownd a Rownd, David’s desire for Rhys is growing stronger, but Rhys refuses to get involved with David unless he breaks up with his girlfriend. When Rhys, David and Dani are find themselves sharing a drink will the truth come out?
- On Emmerdale, Robert and Aaron’s relationship problems collide with Finn and Kasim’s and someone winds up getting attacked and someone else arrested. It could spell the end of both pairings.
- Neighbours returns for a new season, with David and Aaron far apart. Will a surprise evening together make these two finally get romantic?
- The Haves and The Have Nots gets even more ridiculous, but there’s something that keeping me watching this show. What could it be?
- All this and the latest on Shadowhunters, Holby City, Nashville — and more!
PICKS AND PANS
So I guess this means the show is about to finally go there with Ben and Johnny? I don’t think I’ve seen them be so casually flirty like that and the bits were cute. Besides, it’s time. Johnny hasn’t done anything since he came back and Ben has mourned Paul a suitable period of time. Let’s just hope there’s a good story here. One good thing is that since both Ben and Johnny are out of the closet so thankfully, no coming out issues. I still think the show should throw Steven in and make it a triangle. Steven is another character ill used since his return.
You’d think given their history Ben would be a little more sensitive to Abi. He used her, cheated on her and gave her a STI. I don’t blame her for being angry and walking out. But then the Mitchell men aren’t known for sensitivity to their exes.
I still have my fingers crossed for Finn and Kasim. Kasim obviously still has feelings for Finn and if Finn could just take a few steps back maybe they could work it out. I’m wondering about Kasim’s family problems, which he has discussed several times. Maybe that will play a role in getting the guys together?
I figured that Lachlan was behind the beatings himself and Cain was lying. Having kids beat up really isn’t Cain’s style. He’s more a hands on kind of guy anyway. Lachlan should be in jail though, the kid is clearly a sociopath.
Still Chrissie is the world’s worst mother. She talks about sacrificing and how much she loves her kid, but she would let him go to jail to protect herself. I mean she was more worried about Lachlan implicating her than anything else. Even with Lachlan now convicted of the crime she committed, she’s still making it about herself.
I thought it was funny how Ronnie was checking out all the half naked guys while Lisa was whining about her relationship problems during the stripper review. I wonder if that’ll only highlight to Ronnie he’s not getting any sex at home. I’m glad that Ronnie won’t put up with Lawrence’s bad behavior. But I hope they don’t get into this cycle where Lawrence does something awful and they fight, but Ronnie ends up forgiving him anyway.
I can’t believe Dom took Isaac back after the incident with the medal right before Christmas. It should have been over then and there. It’s pretty clear that Isaac is emotionally abusive and that’s where this relationship is headed.
Dom’s mother knows it too given her reaction at the bar. Perhaps it’s because her marriage has been like that and that’s why she knows it when she sees it. I guess Dom’s streak of bad luck with men is going to continue. Hopefully this time he won’t get stabbed!
I think it’s going to be awhile before Aaron and David to work out and become a couple. Seems like this is going to be a slow one. Interesting that Leo is trying to get them together. Leo and David are supposed to be close, but I don’t recall them having a conversation about David’s struggling with being gay, even though Leo clearly knows his brother is queer. Maybe Leo doesn’t want to pressure his brother? I’d like to see Leo at least try to talk to David about this.
Judging by the spoilers, I’m guessing David will claim he’s the father of Paige’s baby so she doesn’t have to admit Father Jack is the daddy and he can avoid coming out. Paige was talking about she keeps making bad choices. I think that’s going to be another one!
WHAT HAPPENED ON ROWND A ROWND LAST WEEK? CLICK THE NEXT PAGE TO FIND OUT!