In this week’s edition of Gays of Our Lives…..
- We take a look at the new gay storyline on German soap Unter Uns. Longtime character Easy (above, left) has always been about the ladies, but when he starts having sexy dreams about his new gay pal Finn (above, right), what does it mean?
- Paul goes to visit Xander in prison on Days of our Lives, hoping to use Xander’s taste in porn to prove he killed Demois. Yes, you read that right. And no, it’s not as interesting as it sounds.
- Dom and Lofty reach a turning point on Holby City after Dom realizes his feelings for Lofty and makes his move. What happens next is a surprise.
- The body snatching case on Shortland Street has sexy cop Darryl in a funk. But will Jack make him feel better?
- Aaron and David finally admit their feelings on Neighbours. But this new couple have barely shared their first kiss before there’s trouble between them.
- Casualty reveals if Jez and Mickey can find a happy ending after all the death and destruction around them. The answer might surprise you!
All this – and more!
PICKS AND PANS
I gotta admit the events of this episode surprised me. I didn’t think Jez and Mickey would wind up together after everything that happened. And I especially didn’t think that Ethan would essentially murder Scott. Because however you want to look at it, that’s what he did. Given his reaction thereafter, I don’t see him being able to live with himself. The hospital will no doubt investigate Scott’s death.
I think the guilt will eat at Ethan and he’ll eventually confess to what he did, losing his license and maybe going to jail. I just don’t see Ethan coming back from this. It might take a while, but I think we’ll eventually see Ethan’s exit because of his actions. He’s gone too far. He was past the point of no return when he told Scott about Jez and Mickey’s relationship, not caring what the fallout would be.
As for Jez and Mickey, while Mickey turned his back on his family and decided to be with Jez, that was before his brother died. Will that change Mickey’s decision?
I wonder what the future holds for them. This coming week’s show is the last episode of this current season. Will Mickey be back for the new season of shows? I thought Mitch Hewer (Mickey) was done filming. Will their relationship just exist off screen? There’s still a lot of story left to play and they make a interesting couple, so I hope we haven’t seen the last of him.
Did Paul really say he knew that it was Xander in that room because of the kind of porn purchased? Inquiring minds want to know what kind of porn Xander is into. I did like how Xander’s prison uniform consisted of a tight tank top and jeans. But what’s with the thinly veiled homophobia on Xander’s part? Come on, don’t make me hate this character! I was hoping Ron Carlivati would keep him around, but not if that is how he’s going to talk.
Speaking of which, I know it’s the new writing’s first week and there’s much damage to be repaired and it’ll be months before this is fully the new writing crew’s show so we have to be patient. But part of the problems is that many of those old stories were just bad. From what I’ve heard the new writing team plans on continuing many of those plots with some changes rather than quickly ending them as other previous regimes have done like when they had a reset by blowing up the town to end some stories and kick off new ones. I’m thinking maybe that’s what Ron should have done.
This murder mystery is boring. I’m also not a fan of the Anjelica/Hattie storyline either. I’ve always thought these ‘I still love this man I haven’t seen for decades and I’ve come up with a complicated scheme to win him back’ storylines are dumb. And along with Marlena’s double they’re bringing back Adrienne’s doppelganger Bonnie for the same story? So far those scenes have been hammy and campy and not in a good way. I’m not liking what I’m seeing so far. But I know we have to give it time.
I haven’t been watching this show much lately. Emmerdale just isn’t the compelling soap it used to be. For me, the main issue isn’t the Robert/Aaron drama. I don’t love it, but at least I can sit through it. The rest of the show, not so much. There isn’t one story that I actually want to tune in for. They are either stupid, badly told or ill-conceived. Or in the case of the Rhona storyline, features a character I have never liked. It’s a good thing I can just watch the clips of Aaron/Robert. Though to be honest, I’m racing to my screen to see those either.
Seeing Robert here, all pouty and pathetic, all I can say I miss the bad boy I used to love so much. Makes me long for the days when he plotted to murder Chas.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE PICKS AND PANS!