In this week’s Gays of Our Lives, babies and children are on the minds of a few of our favorite gays…
- On People of the Valley, Iolo and Tyler finally decide to have a baby and they get a offer from their pal Kelly to carry a child for them. Will they agree?
- Todd and Billy want to play daddy to pre-teen Summer on Coronation Street, but Summer’s homophobe grandma has something to say about it. Todd, however, has a scheme that could solve their problem… or make things worse.
- Andrew just had a baby with his wife on RedWater, but all he can think about is his incestuous love for his cousin Keiron. Is Andrew ready to leave his family behind for who he really loves?
- Johnny gets a lesson in gay history on EastEnders, but has the show forgotten it’s own history?
- Drugs and parties are becoming a habit for Jack on Shortland Street and when Jack’s boyfriend Charlie wants up the ante and add a third to their relationship, will Jack go for it?
All this and more!
Coronation Street (U.K.)
How convenient that Todd is so quickly turned around on raising Summer. But I guess it’s to be expected. The show said they’d get the kid and I’m curious to see how it comes about at this point. Unless Drew legally spelled out somewhere that Billy and Todd were to take the girl, they don’t have much legal standing and even then the grandma would probably sue for custody. I’m still not sold on this story. I just think there are so many other stories for Todd and Billy or any gay couple for that matter, that don’t involve children.
I get what the show was trying to do with Johnny and Derek, but they went about it all wrong. Derek doesn’t know Johnny and he had no right to attack Johnny like that. What was Johnny supposed to do? Make a bad situation about ten times worse? I know the show wanted to inform the viewers what the elder gays went through but it came off as preachy.
And since when did Mick tell Johnny to walk away from anything? He’s always taught his kids to fight for what they believe in. That whole bit seemed to be written for the story they are telling today not the history of the show.
And even though Ben was around, through out all of Johnny and Derek’s interactions Johnny never mentioned that gays still have it tough in some respects and that a friend of his was brutally murdered by gay bashers?
Is this the start of an actual story for Johnny? He’s been on the show for over a year now and still nothing. Let’s hope the show’s new regime changes that. I like Ben realizing it’s time he move on with his life. He’s young, Paul has been dead for a while. And like Johnny, Ben needs a story. I’d like to see something for Derek too, as long as I’m asking.
Why does Johnny always look startled? And could somebody dress this boy? He dresses like he’s middle aged, not a twenty-something.
So the show basically told us this past week that Dom and Lofty will get together, but they’ll have a long, slow burn of a romance. I’m okay with that. Dom doesn’t need to rush into anything so soon after Isaac. I think they’ll be really sweet together though, their scenes together so far are quite lovely. Besides, only someone who thought of you in ‘that way’, even if they hadn’t realized it yet, would be so thoughtful to do what Lofty did for Dom with the puzzle. That bit when they shared during that awkward hug after Dom apologized to Lofty was cute.
I did like Aaron saying ‘this sucks for everyone’ to Tom about the romantic dilemma they were all in. That was a very real moment. But the hug and David seeing it was so contrived. I’m glad Aaron told David off for assuming the worst of him (again).
Like Aaron pointed out, he’s a ‘what you see is what you get’ kind of guy. David should know that by now. I’m ready for the misunderstandings between Aaron and David to come to an end though. It’s time to put them together and give them some couple drama to deal with.
I suspect that Aaron and Mishti will wind up buying the gym. I think it’s the perfect business for Aaron. It’s long past time he had some success in that department.