The TV Source team is back with a new podcast episode! With the Ron Carlivati era of ‘Days of our Lives’ finally debuting this Wednesday, TV Source takes a look back at the promises of great reboots past, and why we’re tempering the expectations for this latest.
In the new episode of the TV Source podcast taped on June 30, TV Source’s Ryan, John and Coryon take a look back at the promises of great reboots past, and why we’re tempering the expectations for this latest. We discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the canvas he inherited and our hopes for the fall.
– Main topic: Is this the reboot to end all reboots – or just more of the same DAYS?
– Is new head writer Ron Carlivati and creative consultants Sheri Anderson and Ryan Quan the dream team? Many believe DAYS is the perfect fit for Ron given some of his past work.
– 2017 Reboot vs. the past: Why isn’t there the same level of press?
– Executive producer Ken Corday’s endless promises
– What did last reboots get wrong? What should this reboot do and avoid?
– Dena Higley’s final months and what Ron will have to work with.
What we hope Carlivati & Company bring to DAYS.
The new episode is embedded below. Episodes are also available for free on iTunes. Please subscribe for future updates.
The new episode is now available on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ep-5-new-days-of-our-lives-ahead-realistic-expectations/id1187760511?i=1000389962421&mt=2