The TV Source Podcast runs down the Week in Soaps for February 5, 2018: Will DAYS star Drake Hogestyn sign a new contract? As the hunt for Andre’s killer intensifies, a new suspect emerges; B&B has all the potential but keeps circling the drain and it’s maddening; GH pays tribute to a fallen hero as Kirsten Storms and Michelle Stafford steal the show; Y&R’s messy exit story for Chelsea has us scratching our heads, and Ashley’s finally given up when it comes to Hilary.
Hosts: Ashley, Coryon, Ryan and Michele (making her series debut)
Here’s the synopsis for the episode taped February 10, 2018
- Will Drake Hogestyn re-sign with Days of our Lives? “Is this a serious question,” snarks Coryon when asked if he should.
- Days of our Lives: The Hunt for Andre’s killer sparks twists and returns. Will and Paul remain the most aesthetically pleasing couple in Salem, but they make for terrible investigators.
- Bold and the Beautiful: Ridge and Brooke got married again, but we discuss the failures B&B has made to take advantage of its unique positioning as the only soap taking place in a real city. How are there not more topical storylines for a show centered in Los Angeles involving the fashion industry?
- General Hospital: An emotional week for Port Charles as Nathan’s loved ones say goodbye one last time. Powerful performances from Kirsten Storms, Michelle Stafford and Dominic Zamprogna turned Nathan’s death into a real moment.
- Young and the Restless: Chelsea’s messy exit story is full of nonsensical plot holes. Maybe they should have had more time to write her out? Also: Ashley’s finally given up defending Hilary in the face of creative’s continued desire to write her as a terrible person.
The newest TV Source Podcast episode is available for streaming:
Current and past episodes of the TV Source Podcast are available on iTunes.