CBS has launched an innovative interactive feature and first for daytime television and viewers of The Bold and the Beautiful. The network has announced a synced second-screen experience on the CBS Connect iPad app.
The feature will allow fans to delve deeper into storylines, learn more about the characters, actors and behind the scenes information. While fans watch the show live on their local CBS station, on-demand or via their DVR, the CBS Connect app’s sync function pinpoints which episode is being watched and tailors the experience accordingly.
“The release of The Bold and the Beautiful synched second screen app is exciting news for CBS Daytime and our audience,” said Angelica McDaniel, Senior Vice President, CBS Daytime. “The app marks a first for any daytime television program on network TV and, most importantly, enhances our fans’ TV-viewing experience, offering them a deeper connection with the characters and content of each episode.”
- Unique slideshows offering contextual historical moments, such as Brooke’s past lovers
- Interactive polls, such as: “Is Liam too immature to be in a relationship with Hope?”
- Tidbits like the name of the real-life designer whose gowns serve as props for Forrester Creations’ dresses (spoiler alert: Monique Lhuiller)
- Behind-the-scenes access to the show’s famous sets
- Makeup tips from the show’s stars (spoiler alert: Katherine Kelly Lang’s favorite go-to lip gloss is Mac’s Viva Glam 5)
- The ability to interact with other fans, the show’s stars and creative talent via Twitter
The Bold and the Beautiful’s synced second-screen experience joins the CBS Connect app’s existing roster of second-screen features for CBS Television shows including Criminal Minds, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Hawaii Five-0 and NCIS: Los Angeles. The CBS Connect App is free and available for download from the App Store.