General Hospital fans will be able to revisit the storied, tempestuous, unruly and at-times toxic two-decade love story of Sonny (Maurice Benard) and Carly Corinthos (Laura Wright) with a 20-episode “best of” collection available on ABC.com and the ABC App.
The debut of the collection coincides with Maurice Benard’s “extraordinary 25 years on the show” and a very special anniversary episode airing today, MONDAY, NOV. 12. GH fans will be able to access 20 episodes featuring the best and most memorable moments from Sonny (Maurice Benard) and Carly’s (Sarah Joy Brown, Tamara Braun and Laura Wright, appearing chronologically) explosive and tumultuous 20-year relationship.
WATCH: @MauriceBenard & @lldubs are full of surprises. 🙈🙉🙊#GH55 pic.twitter.com/wImsJmKDou
— General Hospital (@GeneralHospital) November 11, 2018
Beginning today through Feb. 12, all 20 episodes are available for viewers with no sign in required at abc.com/sonnyandcarly and on the ABC app.
- S1 E1 Sonny & Carly: 11/30/99 – Jason is shot in an ambush.
- S1 E2 Sonny & Carly: 12/1/99 – Sonny and Carly realize they have made a huge mistake.
- S1 E3 Sonny & Carly: 5/24/00 – Sonny tells Carly that their baby has died.
- S1 E4 Sonny & Carly: 10/9/00 – Sonny and Carly admit their feelings.
- S1 E5 Sonny & Carly: 5/14/01 – Sonny confronts Carly about her betrayal.
- S1 E6 Sonny & Carly: 6/28/02 – Sonny and Carly renew their vows (Part 1).
- S1 E7 Sonny & Carly: 7/1/02 – Sonny and Carly renew their vows (Part 2).
- S1 E8 Sonny & Carly: 5/14/03 – Sonny takes a pregnant Carly on a getaway.
- S1 E9 Sonny & Carly: 12/9/03 – Carly spirits Sonny away to France to hide him.
- S1 E10 Sonny & Carly: 1/10/07 – Sonny tries to convince Carly to remarry him.
- S1 E11 Sonny & Carly: 1/16/07 – Sonny and Carly remarry, even though she is involved with Jax.
- S1 E12 Sonny & Carly: 2/7/07 – Sonny and Carly re-declare their love during a hostage crisis.
- S1 E13 Sonny & Carly: 9/24/13 – Sonny goes off his meds and begins to spiral.
- S1 E14 Sonny & Carly: 4/1/14 – Sonny confesses to Carly that he shot AJ.
- S1 E15 Sonny & Carly: 12/11/14 – Sonny breaks things off with Carly when he goes to prison.
- S1 E16 Sonny & Carly: 7/15/15 – Sonny proposes to Carly.
- S1 E17 Sonny & Carly: 9/14/15 – Sonny is in critical condition after being shot.
- S1 E18 Sonny & Carly: 10/14/15 – Sonny and Carly get married.
- S1 E19 Sonny & Carly: 10/12/16 – Carly blames Sonny for their son’s death.
- S1 E20 Sonny & Carly: 3/30/18 – Sonny recreates “Luke’s” for one night to help Mike.
This is the second collection of this kind from ABC. In June, the network revealed “The Best of Jason and Sam” which featured a similar revisiting of their love throughout the years. These kinds of offerings are what fans have asked to see for years, and we’re glad this is continuing. Personally, I’m a little disappointed their 2004 breakup, which featured Carly giving Sonny one more night of passion before revealing Kristina is his daughter, or the 2005 death of Michael which featured powerhouse performances from Tamara Braun and Maurice Benard, wasn’t included.
General Hospital celebrated its 55th anniversary on April 1, 2018. It is both the longest-running American soap opera currently in production and the longest-running scripted television drama currently in production. The series has won the prestigious Emmy® Award for Outstanding Daytime Drama a record 13 times. General Hospital was created by Frank and Doris Hursley. Frank Valentini is the executive producer.
General Hospital airs weekdays on ABC. Episodes are also available on Hulu.com.
I hope this doesn’t mean Sonny and Carly will break up soon. I do remember Sonny and Carly’s night at “Luke’s”, which aired not that long ago. Sonny told Carly he can’t lose her, and she told him he was “a hard man to love, but that nothing worth having is ever easy.” I’m glad they’re concluding with that. It makes me slightly hopeful they won’t break up again, and that they’ll make it through this Margaux crap, ONS with Sonny or no.
I think this GH collection of Sonny and Carly should have included a few more episodes of Sarah Brown’s Carly because I can think of other memorable moments between Maurice Bernard and Sarah Brown as Sonny and Carly like Sonny having a breakdown tearing down the penthouse with Carly there to calm him down and then tells her about Lily’s death (that’s before the hate sex), Sonny nearly dying in the hospital after getting shot by two men disguised as police men and tells Carly for the first time that he loves her, and their wedding in Martinique. To me out of the three actresses of Carly, I like Sarah Brown the best. Tamara Braun and Laura Wright were good, but I like Sarah Brown more and I think her scenes with Maurice Bernard are the most memorable when it comes to Sonny and Carly.
Comments are closed.