It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for, after months of speculation and rumors; Susan Lucci has agreed to reprise her role as All My Children’s Erica Kane on Prospect Park’s new continuation later this spring! At the same time actor David Canary is also returning to the soap as the lovable villain Adam Chandler as well as his twin brother Stuart.
Soaps In Depth broke the news yesterday after noon. Lucci has agreed, at least initially, to a one episode reprisal in an effort to help launch the show. Canary is set to be featured on a regular basis.
My Take: Thank you soap baby Jesus that Susan Lucci decided to return for an episode! This was definitely needed to help launch the series that was so defined by Lucci and the character of Erica Kane. Having her back for an episode is great news! Would I like it to be more? Of course I would, but for now I am happy with her just coming back, making an appearance and leaving the door wide open for another eventual return down the road. I was really worried that this appearance wouldn’t happen right away so I am glad they got everything worked out.
Canary on the other hand is an amazing get. Neither Adam nor Stuart need to “DRIVE” story, but the two do need to be in town and involved in their families life, with all that is coming up for JR and AJ, he is definitely a vital piece of the puzzle that Prospect Park needed for the new iAMC. Overall I am really excited, and as we near closer to the February 25 production date I am sure we will hear a lot more exciting news in the days ahead, and I for one will be staying tuned to find out what happens next!
ARCHIVED: THE PROSPECT PARK TIMELINE – OLTL/AMC
- ‘All My Children,’ ‘One Life to Live’ to Begin Production February 25
- Cady McClain Signs on for ‘All My Children’ Reboot
- Prospect Park Statement on Status of ‘One Life to Live’ Characters on ‘General Hospital’
- Michael Easton, Roger Howarth, Kristen Alderson to Cease Work at ‘General Hospital’ on February 8
- ‘All My Children,’ ‘One Life to Live’ to Premiere in the Spring on iTunes, Hulu Platforms
- ‘One Life to Live’ Cast, Production Update From Prospect Park
- ‘All My Children’ Cast, Production Update From Prospect Park
- ‘General Hospital’ Characters Todd, Starr and John to Exit, Return to ‘One Life to Live’
- Robert S. Woods and Erika Slezak Sign on for ‘One Life to Live’
- Robin Strasser signs on for ‘One Life to Live’ reboot
- Prospect Park Names ‘OLTL’ Head Writers; Casting and Writing Rumors for ‘AMC’
- Prospect Park and WGA Reach Deal for ‘All My Children,’ ‘One Life to Live’ Reboots
- Jerry verDorn Signs on for Prospect Park’s ‘OLTL’; Cameron Mathison, Alicia Minshew to Rejoin ‘AMC’?
- It’s Official: Prospect Park Confirms ‘All My Children,’ ‘One Life to Live’ to Begin Production Next Month
- Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams Sign On To ‘All My Children’ Reboot
- ‘All My Children,’ ‘One Life to Live’ Creator Agnes Nixon Issues Statement on Prospect Park’s Reboot
- Vincent Irizarry Joins ‘All My Children’ Reboot; Prospect Park Names New ‘OLTL’ Executive Producer
- Prospect Park’s Plans for ‘All My Children,’ ‘One Life to Live’ Unveiled
- Susan Lucci In Talks with Prospect Park for ‘All My Children’ Reboot
- Prospect Park Revives Plans for ‘One Life to Live’ and ‘All My Children’
- ‘One Life to Live’s’ Frank Valentini, Ron Carlivati To Take Over ‘General Hospital’ Effective January 2012
- ‘GH’ Shake-Up: Jill Farren Phelps OUT; ‘OLTL’s’ Frank Valentini Named New Executive Producer
- Prospect Park Shelves ‘One Life to Live,’ ‘All My Children’ Online Projects
- More Stars Sign on to Continue With ‘One Life to Live’ Online
- Prospect Park Announces Tentative Launch for TOLN
- Susan Lucci Declines Prospect Park Offer, Will Not Continue with ‘All My Children’
- Four ‘OLTL’ Stars Sign On With Prospect Park
- Prospect Park Negotiating With Unions; Meets With Stars from ‘AMC’
- New Life for ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’
- Ron Carlivati Joining ‘GH’ Writing Team After ‘One Life’ Series Finale
- Brian Frons Reveals AMC/OLTL Cancellation Was A Year In The Making
- ABC Cancels ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’